"It seems like Fresno’s become a key center of the community development universe. Right now we have teams coming from all over the world to see what’s happening here and to learn how to adapt it for their own cities." — Randy White, D.Min.
Certificate in Evangelism and Church Planting
Our certificate in evangelism and church planting equips you with the education and skills needed for kingdom entrepreneurship. Practical ministry training courses taught by current practitioners in the field prepare you to lead or create ministries or churches in today’s world.
This certificate prepares you to begin your own ministry or church or to start new ministries for current churches and organizations. Our graduates are know for breathing new life into areas that desperately need to see God at work.
The following courses are part of this program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for specific course information.
- The Church and God's Mission in the World (BIB 720)
- Biblical Interpretation I (BIB 725)
- Mentoring/Connecting (MIN 705)
- Spiritual Formation (MIN 710)
- Personal Evangelism (MIN 720)
- Church Planting (MIN 724)
- Kingdom Entrepreneurship (MIN 726)
- Cross-Cultural Encounter (MIN 750)
- Into the Neighborhood (MIN 752)
- Engaging the City (MIN 754)
- Supervised Ministry Experience I (MIN 793A)
- Supervised Ministry Experience II (MIN 793B)
- Biblical Theology of Mission & Evangelism (BIB 754)
- Christian Community Development (MIN 734)
- Missionary Anthropology (MIN 728)
- Commitment to and desire for Christian ministry and service
- Application form and fee
- Official transcript of BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university (minimum 2.5 GPA*)
- Personal profile statement and short answer questions
- Three references
- Writing sample from undergraduate education
*Lower GPA may be considered under special circumstances
Cost: $420 per unit (Financial aid is available.)
All courses are transferable into a master’s degree program.